By Stephanie S. Covington, Ph.D.
#7454 The newly revised and expanded Beyond Trauma program is a 12-session manualized curriculum that incorporates the insights of neuroscience with the latest understanding of trauma and PTSD. Each session has also been adapted for girls. The evidence-based materials are designed for trauma treatment, although the connection between trauma and addiction in womens’ lives is a primary theme throughout.
The materials in this program include a facilitators guide, a participants workbook entitled A Healing Journey, and three DVDs (2 for facilitator training and 1 for clients). The program is based on the principles of relational therapy; it uses cognitive-behavioral techniques (CBT), mindfulness, expressive arts, and body-oriented exercises (including yoga). The following are included in the program:
- new and updated foundational information for the facilitator
- new statistics about abuse and other forms of trauma
- new discoveries, publications, and insights in the field
- longer sessions (2 hours rather than 1½ hours) and an additional session
- a variety of yoga poses, grounding activities, and self-soothing activities
- information at the end of each session about adapting the curriculum for use with adolescent girls
- new national resources (organizations and groups) for the facilitator and participants
- two new videos: one for facilitators and one for use with participants
Copyright 2016. The complete program (includes 1 facilitator’s guide, 20 workbooks, 2 facilitator’s DVDs, and 1 participant DVD) for $645.00. Can order components separately.