By Jeffrey Ian Ross, Ph.D.
#8521 The United States has the largest criminal justice system in the world, with over 7 million adults and juveniles in jail, prison, or community custody. Because they spend enough time in prison to disrupt their connections to their families and their communities, they are not prepared for the difficult and often life-threatening process of reentry.
As a result, the percentage of these people who return to a life of crime and additional prison time escalates each year. This book represents one of the most current, practical, and comprehensive guides for ex-convicts and their families about managing a successful reentry into the community.
- Tips on how to prepare for release while still in prison
- Ways to deal with family members, especially spouses and children
- Finding a job
- Money issues such as budgets, bank accounts, taxes, and debt
- Avoiding drugs and other illicit activities
- Free resources to rely on for support
An essential resource for helping ex-offenders make a fresh start on the outside.
224 pages. Softcover. 2009. $14.95. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $139.00; 100 copies for $1,295.00.