By Louise M. Kursmark
College students and recent graduates have their work cut out for them in the job market. Not only are they competing for internships and jobs against more experienced candidates, but most have had little to no instruction on how to write a resume.
This is problematic, because a solid resume is essential for effectively marketing yourself to employers and recruiters. With this guide, students and grads can gain an advantage over their competition.
Author Louise Kursmark, one of the nations leading professional resume writers, gives situation-specific advice for creating resumes and explains how to use them effectively while navigating the job market.
She also provides guidance on writing cover letters, identifying skills, and presenting college experience effectively. Readers can browse a collection of more than 100 professionally written resume and cover letter samples – all written for college students and new graduates.
Sample resumes are included for the following groups:
- Associate degree graduates
- Internship and co-op applicants
- Graduates with bachelor’s degrees
- Graduates with advanced degrees
- Nontraditional students
- Average students
This enhanced edition includes a chapter on using social media and other online resources in the job search, as well as updated resume samples. An appendix provides a resume development worksheet. A list of professional resume writers is given for those who prefer to use a pro.
Key features include:
- More than 100 professionally written college resume examples
- Resume and cover letter writing tips that will help you relate your college experience to the job you want
- Worksheets for discovering your skills and presenting your college experience most effectively
- Electronic, Web, and email resume tips
256 pages. 8½ x 11. Softcover. 2012.