ISBNs: 978-1-57023-409-5 (paper)
“Excellent book! Highly recommended! . . . Worth every penny . . . A must for ex-offenders . . . Great tips (for including prison experience) without lying.”
— Unsolicited 5-Star Amazon Reviews
By Wendy S. Enelow, CCM, MRW, JCTC, CPRW, and Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
#4273 2ND EDITION! Finding a good job is the best way to quickly transform one’s life. That’s especially true for ex-offenders with red flags in their backgrounds. Knowing employers are reluctant to hire them, many ex-cons face rejections and lose hope. Lacking job search smarts – from properly writing resumes, networking for job leads, and acing job interviews — many go from one dead end job to another . . . and then back to prison. For many, their odorous rap sheet becomes their resume!
The good news – most ex-offenders ARE employable. Indeed, each year thousands of ex-offenders find rewarding jobs that change their lives. They discover many employers are willing to give them a second chance. But these job seekers must first communicate their qualifications to prospective employers through powerful resumes and letters — the most important step for getting a job interview.
Best Resumes and Letters for Ex-Offenders is the first book to address the unique job search challenges facing ex-offenders as they prepare to communicate their qualifications to employers. Written by two of America’s leading career experts, this book is jam-packed with the latest information, tips, strategies, and examples of what you must do in order to get the critical job interview. It includes:
- 25 things you MUST know about resumes and letters
- 35 resume and letter writing mistakes you should avoid
- 19 frequently asked questions with expert advice
- Step-by-step instructions on developing each resume section
- 40 examples of chronological and functional resumes
- 8 types of job search letters you should write
- 42 examples of effective letters
- Resume and letter evaluation forms
- Resume writing worksheets
- 400+ action verbs and personality descriptors
- Re-entry resources and digital skills for ex-offenders
Follow the principles, tips, and examples outlined in this book and you, too, will join the growing ranks of ex-offenders who have transitioned from rap sheet to resume. They began changing their broken but hopeful lives by finding a good job. As you will soon learn, a well-crafted resume and letter can open the doors of employers. Best of all, you’ll get interviewed and hired, because you organized an effective job search according to the many principles outlined in this special book.
272 pages. Copyright 2021. Second Edition
EBOOK VERSION: Browse and purchase through your favorite eBook distributor, such as Amazon, Apple, or Barnes & Noble.
PRICING: $29.95 for a single copy. QUANTITY SPECIALS: 5 copies for $139.95; 10 copies for $279.95; 25 copies for $769.00; 50 copies for $1,229.00; 100 copies for $2,379.00; 250 copies for $6,219.00; 500 copies for $11,195.00; and 1,000 copies for $20,995.00.
WENDY S. ENELOW, CCM, MRW, JCTC, CPRW, is a recognized leader in the executive job search, career coaching, and resume writing industries. She is the author of more than 30 books and numerous articles and is frequently featured in leading publications and on numerous career-related websites. Her recent books include: Modernize Your Resume, Modernize Your Job Search Letters, and Best Keywords for Resumes, Letters, and Interviews.
RONALD L. KRANNICH, Ph.D., is a leading career writer who has authored more than 100 books (8+ million copies), including several recent bestsellers for ex-offenders: The Ex-Offender’s Quick Job Hunting Guide, The Ex-Offender’s Job Interview Guide, The Ex-Offender’s Re-Entry Success Guide, and Overcoming Employment Barriers. Ron specializes in producing and distributing books, DVDs, and training programs. Click here for more information on Ron’s bio.
PRAISE FROM REVIEWERS
“…Is the first job application reference book to specifically address the unique and formidable challenges ex-offenders face when applying for employment, and should be on the reading list of anyone who faces job prospects after doing time.”–The Midwest Book Review
UNSOLICITED 5-STAR REVIEWS ON AMAZON.COM
“Excellent book! Highly recommended! “
“Worth every penny.”
“A must for ex-offenders.”
“Great tips (for including prison experience) without lying.”
- What You Need to Know About Resumes
- Common Resume Issues, Challenges, and Questions
- Your Two Most Important Resume Decisions
- Writing Your Resume: Step By Step
- Chronological Resume Samples
- Functional Resume Samples
- Writing Powerful Cover Letters
- Sample Cover Letters
- Writing Powerful Thank-You Letters
- Other Letters for Managing Your Job Search
- Production, Distribution, and Follow-Up Issues
- Evaluating Resumes and Letters
- Appendix A: Resume Writing Worksheets
- Appendix B: Action Verbs
- Appendix C: Personality Descriptors
- Appendix D: Re-Entry Assistance for Ex-Offenders
- Appendix E: Navigating Today’s Digital World
- Re-Entry Resources
If you like this title, be sure to explore these related items:
- The Ex-Offender’s New Job Finding and Survival Guide
- The Ex-Offender’s Quick Job Hunting Guide
- The Ex-Offender’s Business Start-Up Kit
- Ex-Offenders ARE Employable: Key Resources for Overcoming Barriers to Employment
- Resumes, Letters, and Interviews for Ex-Offenders Kit