Quantity discounts available on this bestseller!
10-24 copies – 10%
25-49 copies – 15%
50-99 copies – 20%
100-249 copies – 30%
250-499 copies – 35%
500-999 copies – 40%
1,000+ copies – 50%
By Wendy S. Enelow and Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
#4273 Finding a good job is the best way for ex-offenders to stay out for good and become productive members of a community. However, ex-offenders face many challenges related to their backgrounds and the need to disclose their criminal record. Knowing that employers are reluctant to hire ex-cons, many ex-offenders lose hope and thus fail to organize and implement an effective job search.
Ex-offenders ARE employable. Indeed, each year thousands of ex-offenders find rewarding jobs that change their lives. They discover many employers are willing to give them a second chance. But they first need to clearly communicate their qualifications to prospective employers through resumes and letters. This is the most essential step for getting a job interview.
Here’s the first resume and letter book to address the unique challenges facing ex-offenders as they prepare to communicate their qualifications employers. Written by two of America’s leading career experts, this book is jam-packed with the latest information, tips, strategies, and examples of what you must do in order to get the critical job interview. It includes:
- 25 things you must know about resumes and letters
- 35 resume and letter writing mistakes you must avoid
- 19 frequently asked questions with expert advice
- Step-by-step instructions on developing each resume section
- 40 examples of chronological and functional resumes
- 8 types of job search letters you should write
- 42 examples of effective letters
- Resume and letter evaluation forms
- Resume writing worksheets
- 400+ action verbs and personality descriptors
- Transition resources for ex-offenders
Follow the principles, tips, and examples outlined in this book and you, too, will join the growing ranks of ex-offenders who have changed their lives by finding a good job. You’ll quickly discover that a well-crafted resume and letter can open the doors of employers. Best of all, you’ll get interviewed and hired because you organized an effective job search according to the principles outlined in this unique book.
If you like this title, be sure to explore these related items:
- The Ex-Offender’s New Job Finding and Survival Guide
- The Ex-Offender’s Quick Job Hunting Guide
- The Ex-Offender’s Business Start-Up Kit
- Ex-Offenders ARE Employable: Key Resources for Overcoming Barriers to Employment
- Resumes, Letters, and Interviews for Ex-Offenders Kit
PRAISE FROM REVIEWERS
“…Is the first job application reference book to specifically address the unique and formidable challenges ex-offenders face when applying for employment, and should be on the reading list of anyone who faces job prospects after doing time.”–The Midwest Book Review