#9316 While ex-offenders are excluded from some occupations, especially ones dealing with sensitive security, finance, and health care issues, many other occupations are relatively open to ex-offenders. Indeed, occupations in the building, transportation, moving, and mechanical/repair trades often welcome rehabilitated, skilled, enthusiastic, and promising ex-offenders to their ranks.
Crime in America is largely a young persons activity. And most young ex-offenders lack legitimate work experience and knowledge of today’s job market. Once released from prison or jail, they often flounder in the job market, unable to find a good job. They need basic knowledge about various occupations relevant to their interests, skills, and abilities as well as a better understanding of the nature of work and various occupations that make up today’s challenging work world.
This unique 12-DVD series goes a long way in addressing the basic knowledge issue for ex-offenders. It includes video clips of 98 ex-offender-friendly occupations, which are part of Impact Publications’s popular Careers for the 21st Century Video Library.
Each DVD features 8-9 occupations, with related activities, responsibilities, skills, aptitudes, wages/salaries, outlook, education, training, rewards, and challenges. Nearly 6 minutes is devoted to each occupation (46-54 minutes per DVD or 10 hours total viewing time). Includes both English and Spanish language tracks.
The package comes with one free copy of the related bestselling ex-offender re-entry book by Ronald L. Krannich, Best Jobs for Ex-Offenders: 101 Opportunities to Jump-Start Your New Life). Can purchase the DVDs separately for $95.00 each. SPECIALS: $995.00 for all 12 DVDs (save $145.00!); 5 sets (60 DVDs) for $4,699.00.
- Administration and Management Occupations (50 minutes)
- Building Trades (46 minutes)
- Business and Administration Support Occupations (52 minutes)
- Computer Occupations (50 minutes)
- Health Assessment and Treating Occupations (45 minutes)
- Health Service Occupations (50 minutes)
- Marketing and Sales Occupations (51 minutes)
- Mechanics and Repairers (54 minutes)
- Media and Arts Occupations (50 minutes)
- Personal and Building Services Occupations (50 minutes)
- Production Occupations (49 minutes)
- Transportation and Material Moving Occupations (48 minutes)
There are no reviews yet.