#9941 Make sure you’re well stocked with the following job and career exploration resources. Each surveys hundreds of job and career opportunities that will be in demand in the coming decade and beyond. Use these handbooks for exploring the best jobs and careers as well as for discovering the best educational pathways for securing employment in hundreds of in-demand fields.
Occupational Outlook Handbook: 2020-2030 Edition
Edited by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor
#9906 The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) is the premier, nationally recognized source for career information. Especially designed to provide valuable up-to-date information, the Handbook is great for all individuals making decisions about their future including students about to graduate from high school or college, recent graduates, individuals returning to the workforce after an absence, or anyone looking for a career change. It has been used by millions since the 1940s.
The completely updated OOH reflects employment information released in September 2021 on over 300 major occupations. It includes information on the fastest-growing occupations, number of new jobs, and a summary of the highest-paying occupations.
This Handbook contains numerous occupations profiles and includes information on:
• Duties required by the occupation
• Work Environment
• Education and training needed
• Median pay
• Important qualities for the job
• Licenses, certification, and registrations needed
• Contact information to learn more about the occupation
• Job outlook
Special features include:
• Assumptions and methods used in preparing employment projections
• A comprehensive appendix summarizing the occupations
• Data for occupations not covered in detail
• Employment projections
• Glossary of terms used throughout the book
• Occupational information network coverage; and a detailed index
© March 2022. 1,320 pages. Trim: 8½ x 11. Softcover $40.00. Hardcover $60.00. SPECIALS ON SOFTCOVER EDITION: 10 copies for $380.00; 25 copies for $900.00; 50 copies for $1,740.00; 100 copies for $3,400.00. SPECIALS ON HARDCOVER EDITION: 10 copies for $570.00; 25 copies for $1,350.00; 50 copies for $2,610.00; 100 copies for $5,100.00.
Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance (17th Edition)
#259 This six-volume Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance is an essential resource for public, college, high school, and junior high school libraries; career centers; guidance offices; and other agencies involved with career exploration and planning.
Along with revisions and updates, each article has been expanded to a new, more comprehensive format, and many new articles have been added. Each article offers detailed career information, sidebars, and other user-friendly features, including a new Career Ladder, which shows common career paths for each profession, and new sections, such as Unions and Associations and Tips for Entry.
• Graphic icons call out the top fastest-growing careers and the top careers that experts predict will add the greatest number of positions.
• Comprehensive overviews of 120 career fields and industries.
• More than 4,000 websites are listed in the career field and profession articles and refer users to professional associations, government agencies, and other organizations.
• More than 1,000 sidebars ranging from profiles of industry movers and shakers to glossaries of industry jargon to fast-fact industry statistics are also included.
• Hundreds of black-and-white photographs of people at work.
• Information on using social networking sites for job-hunting, electronic resumes, and more.
Designed to hold students’ attention and relay information effectively, this edition of Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance is the ideal starting place for career research.
Suitable for Grades 9 and up. 6,344 pages total. 8½ x 11. Hardcover. 2018. $299.95. SPECIALS: 2 sets for $579.95; 5 sets for $1,349.00; 10 sets for $2,599.00. Ebook version of the 18th edition (© 2021) available for $299.95 (paper edition of this book was discontinued with the publication of the 17th edition in 2018 — all subsequent editions available in eBook format only).
Can purchase separately. SPECIAL: both titles in hardback editions for $339.95.
VIDEO ALERT — see our Career Exploration Video Bundle (#9604) which includes 267 DVDs and Streaming Videos.