NOTE: This item is out of print.
By Wilson L. Walker, Master Sergeant, U.S. Army Retired
Today’s Army demands the very best leadership from its NCOs and accordingly promotes those demonstrating strong leadership qualities. As a leader, the care and welfare of the soldiers should be your number one concern. In fact, without the soldier, the Army doesn’t need you.
If you want to become a better leader and get promoted in today’s Army, you must master the art of taking care of your soldiers. Indeed, the major reason you get promoted, are given good assignments, have an outstanding NCO-ER or OER, or are selected for a leadership school is because you are talented in taking care for your soldiers.
Here’s the first military leadership book that puts the soldier first. This practical two-in-one guide shows:
- What you must be, know, and do as a leader
- How to choose the best leadership style
- How to influence soldiers to achieve goals
- Methods for building confidence and improving communication
- How to build, train, and sustain the combat-ready team
- What Junior and Senior NCOs must do to get promoted
- How the NCO education system operates
Discover how to re-energize your Army career with this practical guide to putting the soldiers first…and getting promoted at the same time! 160 pages. 6 x 9. 1997.