Byron Y. Chen
#5245. Most people treat salary negotiation as some long lost secretive art that they will never have the ability to do. Byron Chen has used his experiences consulting with veterans on their career transitions after the military to write this definitive guide on conducting your own salary negotiation.
Thus Barracks to Boardrooms provides the how-to knowledge developed from real-world scenarios, hard lessons learned, and contemporary research.
- Ever wonder why some people get paid more, even when they do the same work as you?
- How do you negotiate without losing the offer?
- Can you make demands without negatively affecting your relationship with your company?
- What’s a reasonable counter offer to make in a negotiation?
- What tactics are employers using to keep your salary low?
All of these issues are covered in the book, along with a systematic process that includes strategies, scripts, and tactics you can use in any situation.
Take control of your career and negotiate the way other professionals do to be compensated at top of the industry rates. You owe it to yourself. Get over your fears, overcome your doubts, and learn the skills you need to get paid what you deserve.
82 pages. Softcover. 2016.