By Ron Fry
So, tell me about yourself.
Have you ever been fired?
What are your salary requirements?
These are just three of the questions you might think you have to ask when you’re interviewing a potential new hire. Maybe they’re the questions you dreaded when you were on the other side of the desk. But are they the questions that will identify the best candidate for the job?
This book takes you step-by-step through the hiring process. Whether you’re replacing an employee who’s leaving, or creating a new position in your organization, Ron Fry shows you how to write a concise and accurate job description, then how to translate it into a realistic set of search criteria.
The book also shows you:
- How to attract the best applicants
- What to look for when you’re screening resumes
- What questions you should ask in the interview…and when to ask them
- How much to read into a candidate’s “body language” and whether you should trust the gut feeling you get from watching them
- How to listen more effectively to what the applicant is really telling you
- How to probe for information the applicant doesn’t want to reveal
- The right way (and time) to negotiate salary
- What questions the law permits and forbids
Whether you’re an interviewing novice or a seasoned pro, you’ll find all the answers you need in Ask the Right Questions, Hire the Best People! 218 pages. Softcover. 2006.