#106 Anger and conflict are big issues in today’s workplace. Indeed, too often someone at work expresses anger, or gets into conflicts, in ways that range from inappropriate to high-risk. Such anger usually disrupts teamwork and lowers productivity. At times, it results in violence that can traumatize the workplace.
Furthermore, productive employees recognize that such a workplace is no fun; many leave for better managed work environments.
So just how angry is your workplace?
Have you formulated short-term, ad hoc solutions or are you dealing with anger in a systematic, long-term manner?
Written by one of the world’s leading experts on workplace anger and violence, this ground-breaking book identifies the hidden signs of anger and conflict as well as outlines key skills for creating a more positive and productive workplace. Demonstrating that behavioral changes are both necessary and possible, Dr. McClure reveals eight types of anger found in many workplaces:
She then examines each type in reference to seven skills both managers and employees need to develop and use for better managing anger and conflict.
Extremely well organized and illustrated with over 50 behavioral models, here’s the book that addresses one of the most important issues affecting productivity and retention. Whether you’re a manager, supervisor, employee, or temp, this book will show you the best and easiest ways to handle your manager’s, co-workers’, and subordinates’ anger as well as your own!
166 pages. 6 x 9. Originally published in 2000; reprinted 2010. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $127.60; 100 copies for $797.00.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Anger Looks Like at Work
- Anger is a Behavior That Can be Managed
- The First Skill: Deciding
- The Second Skill: Be Direct
- The Third Skill: Acknowledge Feelings
- The Fourth Skill: Something in Common
- The Fifth Skill: Depersonalizing
- The Sixth Skill: Getting to the Real Issues
- The Seventh Skill: Letting Go
- When They’re Angry at You
- Preventing Acted-Out Anger
- Preventing Unconnected Anger
- Preventing Self-Centered Anger
- Preventing Undercover Anger
- Preventing Rigid Anger
- Preventing Escapist Anger
- Preventing Shocking Anger
- Preventing Strange Anger
- You Can Manage Anger and Conflict
Also by Lynne McClure:
- Angry Men: Managing Anger in an Unforgiving World
- Angry Women: Stop Letting Anger Control Your Life!
There are no reviews yet.