The best careers – in brief! This collection is an ideal resource for job seekers, students, laid-off workers, new graduates, welfare-to-work clients, transitioning military, ex-offenders, educators, and job search trainers. The 6 sets of booklets (25 booklets per set) give an overview of the 50 best jobs by training and education level in a compact, low-priced format.
Part I of each booklet ranks the careers in one unique, eye-opening list by pay, growth through 2014, and job openings.
Part II describes the jobs in alphabetical order and includes the job’s rank, job tasks and responsibilities, personality type, related interest area, and working conditions.
The introduction offers career information tailored to the education or training level; friendly, expert tips on points to consider when reviewing the careers; and information on how to use the booklet to choose a good job.
These booklets are ideal for quick career exploration, as an overview of the best jobs, as discussion starters, and as a starting point for further career research. Their low price and compact size makes them perfect for:
- Students or job seekers in class and workshop settings
- Individual resource areas (IRAs) at one-stops
- Use in one-stop service orientation sessions
These booklets use the most current labor market information available from the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*NET database and other sources. The series consists of:
- Pocket Guide to 50 Best Careers Through Short-Term, On-the-Job Training
- Pocket Guide to 50 Best Careers Through Moderate-Term, On-the-Job Training
- Pocket Guide to 50 Best Careers Through Long-Term, On-the-Job Training
- Pocket Guide to 50 Best Careers Through Postsecondary Vocational Training
- Pocket Guide to 50 Best Careers With a Two-Year College Degree
- Pocket Guide to 50 Best Careers With a Four-Year College Degree