#7911 This program is an excellent way to start a dialogue about the harmful effects of alcohol during pregnancy. Most importantly, it will help you convey the motivational message that fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) are 100 percent preventable.
Created to capture the attention of teens and young adults but also appropriate for mature audiences, this program is impactful, positive, and prevention-oriented.
- Your Unborn Baby – Illustrates how alcohol reaches the fetus using 3D animation, explains Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and how it affects a child’s brain development, physical health, and behavior
- The Alcohol-Free Lifestyle – How to be alcohol-free during pregnancy and beyond, breastfeeding and alcohol recommendations, avoiding alcohol if you are trying to conceive, partner support
- Knowing Your Risk and Getting Help – Alcohol facts, how to recognize alcohol abuse, and where to seek help
The benefits of this program include:
- High quality graphics – clearly explain how alcohol reaches the fetus and affects brain and physical development
- Relatable and real – shares personal stories and helpful tips about being alcohol-free
- Research-based – separates fact from fiction about alcohol and pregnancy
- Diagnostic tools – helps viewers assess drinking and lifestyle choices
The English-language version is closed-captioned. Also available in Spanish. Can purchase English DVD ($99.95) or combined English/Spanish DVD.. Viewing time: 10 minutes. Suitable for ages 13 and up. 2010.