“Highly recommended.”–Video Librarian
#6986 Featuring valuable case studies and expert commentary, this 14-part DVD series offers a wide-ranging look at the science and the human face of addiction.
Personal stories from drug users and their family members are combined with in-depth perspectives from leading psychologists, drug counselors, and other experts on substance abuse.
Educators will find the series format – beginning with a comprehensive overview followed by 13 short documentaries – helpful for both group discussions and lectures.
Contains mature themes, occasional explicit language, and some graphic injury footage.
English-language subtitled. 18-86 minutes each. 2006. Can order each program separately.
Format/purchase options: Streaming Video, 3-Year Subscription ($2,389.30); DVD ($2,389.30); and Streaming Video + DVD ($3,999.95).
The series includes:
- Addiction: A Comprehensive View (86 minutes, $179.95)
- What Is Addiction? (20 minutes, $169.95)
- Understanding Relapse (22 minutes, $169.95)
- The Search for Drug Treatment: A Challenging Journey (21 minutes, $169.95)
- The Adolescent Addict (30 minutes, $169.95)
- An Interview with Nora D. Volkow, M.D. (25 minutes, $169.95)
- An Interview with Mark L. Willenbring, M.D. (22 minutes, $169.95)
- An Interview with Michael L. Dennis, Ph.D. (22 minutes, $169.95)
- An Interview with Kathleen T. Brady, M.D., Ph.D. (19 minutes, $169.95)
- Getting an Addict into Treatment: The CRAFT Approach (18 minutes, $169.95)
- Treating Stimulant Addiction: The CBT Approach (23 minutes, $169.95)
- Opiate Addiction: Understanding Replacement Therapy (19 minutes, $169.95)
- South Boston Drug Court (20 minutes, $169.95)
- A Mother’s Desperation: Resorting to the Law (24 minutes, $169.95)
Click here for preview.