NO LONGER AVAILABLE. This 14-year-old program is no longer available through Impact Publications. The good news is the availability of a relatively new (2017) and less expensive ($225.00) Hazelden program on the same subject and with an accompanying CD-ROM of instructional materials. Please review and consider acquiring Addiction Basics: Understanding the Disease DVD & CD-ROM Program (#9371). We believe this is an excellent substitute for this popular yet aging product.
By Terence T. Gorski
#4184 These three programs on one DVD presents the most recent research on addiction as a brain disease that causes personality problems and social dysfunctions. It takes a hard look at alcohol and other drugs, explains risk factors, and shows how to recognize and stop denial in order to break out of the addiction cycle.
Viewing time: 32 minutes per program. 2004. $300.00 for the DVD.
- Mind-Altering SubstancesThis first program takes a hard look at alcohol and other drugs – the mind-altering substances that can activate abuse and addiction. After viewing this program, people will know what these substances are, how they work, and why they can be dangerous.
- Addictive Risk FactorsThe second program explains the physical, psychological, and social risk factors that set people up for abuse and addiction. Viewers will learn the risk factors that increase the likelihood of addiction. They will be able to recognize if they or someone they love is at high risk of addiction.
- Substance Abuse and AddictionThe third program describes the symptoms of substance abuse and addiction. It shows how these symptoms can develop slowly and unnoticed in the lives of normal people. It explains how people can objectively evaluate their own alcohol and drug use. It shows how they can recognize and stop denial so they can see the truth and take action to break out of the addiction cycle.
Also available are booklets that correspond to each of the three programs on the DVD. To order, please see the Product Options box above.
- Part 1: Mind-Altering Substances – 10 copies for $40.00
- Part 2: Addictive Risk Factors – 10 copies for $40.00
- Part 3: Substance Abuse and Addiction – 10 copies for $40.00