#5137 This five-part series, developed and tested by Dartmouth College, helps students master the learning strategies they need to succeed. Accomplished and challenged students can benefit from this introduction to key study tools. Presentations are short, concrete, and highly visual. The series includes these 5 video programs, each of which can be previewed here:
- Stress Management – Defines stress and then promotes three core strategies for dealing with it: a positive attitude, a healthy lifestyle, and relaxation techniques (preview).
- Strategic Learning – Outlines a concise three-step process for understanding and retaining information (preview).
- Notetaking – Describes the skills students need to effectively record and learn information presented in class (preview).
- Reading Improvement – Gives three strategies for improving reading rate and comprehension (preview).
- Time Management – Three strategies to help students make better use of their time are presented (preview).
Viewing time: 10-18 minutes each. 2000. Closed-captioned.
Format/purchase options: Streaming Video, 3-Year Subscription ($399.75); DVD ($399.75); and Streaming Video + DVD ($599.63). Can purchase separately ($79.95 for either Streaming Video, 3-Year Subscription, or a single DVD; $119.93 for both — Streaming Video + DVD).
Click here to view a video clip of the series as a whole.