By Beth Fouse, Ph.D., and Maria Wheeler
#3806 A cornucopia of ideas, strategies, and concepts that will apply to virtually any situation! The authors address sensory, communication, and physical and social-emotional issues by increasing desired behaviors and decreasing unwanted behaviors.
You will also learn how to build sensory diets into everyday activities; use antecedent control; teach students to self-regulate; deal with self-injurious behaviors, physical or verbal aggression, toilet training, obsessive-compulsive behavior, and fixations; deal with crisis/stress/data management, data management, and much more.
Whatever problems you face, you’ll find helpful solutions to them in this book. This book should be on every teacher’s and parent’s bookshelf. Helpful sections include:
- Impact of Autism Characteristics
- What Does Communication Have to do With Behavior?
- Sensory Issues and Behavior Social Skills and Social/Emotional Issues
- Structuring the Environment for Success
- Increasing Desired Behaviors
- Decreasing Unwanted Behaviors
- Crisis Management and Other Special Problems
- Discipline Procedures and Behavior Intervention Plans
- Stress Management
448 pages. Softcover. 1997.