Military Resumes and Cover Letters (2nd Edition)
Here's the book that provides important answers to many questions facing job seekers with military experience.
Click here to view the back cover.
By Carl S. Savino and Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
A revised edition of the ultimate resume and letter writing guide for transitioning military personnel! Here's the book that provides important answers to many questions facing job seekers with military experience. Written by the authors of the popular "Corporate Gray Series" for transitioning military personnel, the book shows how to write, produce, distribute, follow up, and evaluate resumes and letters with maximum impact. Identifying what employers really look for on resumes and letters, it shows how to craft dynamite employer-centered communications as well as:
- Identifies 28 major myths and mistakes
- Outlines a 7-step job search process
- Reveals 65 key writing, production, distribution, and follow-up principles
- Specifies a 6-step military-to-civilian language translation process
- Includes examples of over 60 resumes and 14 letters
- Lists nearly 40 top Internet employment sites you should use
Rich with examples and sound career planning advice, the book also includes several unique self-evaluation instruments and resume data forms for strengthening job search communication. 270 pages. 8.5 x 11. 2004.TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Show Me Your Resume
- Resume Myths and Mistakes
- Key Resume Principles That Work
- Conduct Two Resume Evaluations
- Translating Military Experience into Civilian Language
- Conventional Resumes
- Electronic Resumes and Your Job Search
- Job Search Letters You Must Write
- Letter Organization and Evaluation
- Creating Your Resume Database
"Fantastic! The writing is cogent, concise, insightful with a dash of humor. This one deserves a military fly by."--Amazon.com reader
NOTE: This title has been replaced by Military-to-Civilian Resumes and Letters
, 3rd Edition.