Job Hunting Tips for People With Hot and Not-So-Hot Backgrounds (2nd Edition)
This unique book presents 101 job hunting tips that could well become a road map for changing one's life.
"A very solid job search job search book...Rates an A."
--Career Opportunities News
ISBN: 978-1-57023-307-4 (13-digit); 1-57023-307-1 (10-digit)
Click here to view the back cover.
By Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
Finding a job may be the hardest, most frustrating, and ego-bruising work you ever do. Depending on how you approach the process, it also can be an extremely educational, exciting, and exhilarating experience. This unique book presents 150 job hunting tips that are applicable to most job seekers, regardless of their backgrounds.
Organized around a seven-step sequential job search, individual chapters include revealing tips on:
- Assessing interests, skills, and abilities
- Developing a career objective
- Completing applications
- Networking for information, advice, and referrals
- Conducting a successful job search
- Writing resumes and letters
- Doing follow-ups and following through
- Researching jobs and employers
- Interviewing for jobs
- Negotiating salaries and terms of employment
Filled with cutting-edge career advice, quizzes, websites, and examples, here's the book that tells it like it is from the job search trenches. Follow the many tips outlined in this book and you should be able to quickly energize your job search by focusing on those activities that have the greatest impact on getting job interviews and offers. You will join thousands of others who have found their dream job through the methods outlined in this book. 238 pages. 6 x 9. 2010.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
THE AUTHOR: Ron Krannich
- Expert Advice From the Job Search Trenches
- Key Job Search and Success Tips
- Self-Assessment Tips
- Goal and Objective Setting Tips
- Research and Information Tips
- Job Application Tips
- Resume Writing, Distribution, and Follow-Up Tips
- Cover and Job Search Letter Tips
- Networking and Informational Interviewing Tips
- Interviewing Tips
- Follow-Up and Follow-Through Tips
- Salary Negotiation and Job Offer Tips
is one of America's leading career and travel writers and author of more than 80 books. Check out the companion book Job Interview Tips for People With Not-So-Hot Backgrounds