Ex-Offender's Re-Entry Success Guide: Smart Choices for Making It on the Outside (2nd Edition)
This book addresses the major psychological and practical day-to-day challenges facing ex-offenders as they re-enter the free world. Ten hard-hitting chapters outline a clear seven-step process for re-entry success.
Your Price: From $11.95 to $4,780.00
|how many copies you want to order:||
ISBN: 978-1-57023-385-2 (softcover); 978-1-57023-386-9 (eBook)
Click here to view 20 sample pages from this book.
By Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
Now in its second edition, this book addresses the major day-to-day challenges facing ex-offenders as they re-enter the free world. While the re-entry process is fraught with challenges that can lead to rejections, disappointments, and temptations, this is also a time for self-renewal and transformation. There are silver linings here for those who see opportunities in adversity - a unique time for ex-offenders to put greater meaning and direction into their lives so they will never again waste their time and mind sitting in a prison, jail, or detention center.
Highlights of this self-directed book include:
- A comprehensive 146-item re-entry success assessment test
- Examples of ex-offenders making difficult choices
- Examination of ex-offender mindsets and how to change them
- Recommended resources to reinforce and expand learning
- Exercises for developing a purpose and legacy in life
- Daily action-planning exercises to implement the seven-step process for re-entry
- A planning journal for keeping critical re-entry activities on track
- Forms to help organize a budget and use community support systems
- Powerful quotes for guiding one's life
Designed in an interactive workbook format, this invaluable resource addresses everything from attitudes, motivation, and education to telling the truth, taking responsibility, building trust, seeking community-based assistance, and leaving a legacy.
Addressing the whole re-entry process, this book is "must" reading for anyone preparing to re-enter the free world. It's also an ideal book for friends, loved ones, and supporters as well as those who are already on the outside but need better guidance on how they can jump-start their new life...and stay out for good!
- What's Your Re-Entry IQ?
- Use Your Mind, Own Your Time
- 7 Steps to True Freedom
- Step 1: Choose Your Attitudes and Motivations
- Step 2: Develop a Purpose in Your Life
- Step 3: Get Smart Through Education, Training, and Life-Long Learning
- Step 4: Tell the Truth About the New You
- Step 5: Take Responsibility and Build Trust
- Step 6: Seek Assistance for Life-Long Recovery
- Step 7: Leave a Legacy as a Good Friend, Spouse, Parent, and Citizen
- Action Planning for Re-Entry Success
144 pages. Softcover. December 2015.
THE AUTHOR:Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
, is one of America’s leading career transition and travel experts who has authored more than 100 books. A former Peace Corps Volunteer, Fulbright Scholar, and university professor, Ron specializes in developing career, life skills, education, and transition resources for ex-offenders and others in transition.