Ex-Offender's Re-Entry Assistance Directory: Public and Private Support Programs for Making It on the Outside
This essential directory of ex-offender re-entry assistance is the ultimate guide to the latest national, state, and local re-entry sources of assistance and free downloadable training programs.
Your Price: From $29.95 to $20,970.00
|how many copies you want to order:||
ISBN 978-1-57023-367-8 (softcover) and 978-1-57023-380-7 (eBook)
Click here to view 24 sample pages from this directory.
By Ronald L. Krannich, Ph.D.
The ultimate guide to the latest national, state, and local re-entry initiatives and free downloadable training programs!
Most ex-offenders need help in making it on the outside. Entering the free world with only the clothes on their back, $10 to $200 in gate money, a few sketchy relationships, unstable housing and employment, they are unprepared for what comes next – costly housing, inconvenient transportation, lack of money and credit, a discriminatory job market, and a highly digitized world requiring Internet access and skills.
Saddled with questionable resumes and rap sheets, ex-offenders face numerous rejections that can lead to failed re-entry experiences. What they most urgently need are helping hands and a support system to get them through their first 99 days of re-entry challenges – the focus of this unique directory. Designed to assist ex-offenders and re-entry professionals with critical transition decisions, the directory introduces users to a fascinating re-entry world focused on:
- Food and clothing
- Health and wellness
- Mental health
- Substance abuse
- Personal finances
- Life skills
- Tattoo removal
Jam-packed with names, addresses, phone numbers, websites, and downloadable resources of key government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and faith-based organizations, this is a "must-have" directory for anyone involved with re-entry programs and resources as well as for those interested in developing their own "what works" programs. Special features include:
- 39 gateway websites focused on everything from housing to employment
- 1,000+ re-entry assistance programs operating in each state
- 50 free downloadable re-entry handbooks and curricula designed for use in 28 states and nationwide - worth thousands of dollars in development costs
- Link to a key database for identifying collateral consequences of convictions
- 5-page, 13-category, 95-item checklist for re-entry preparation
- 147-question re-entry success inventory and assessment
- Re-entry success commitment contract and goal-setting forms
Taken together, this directory identifies major efforts at tackling one of today’s most daunting problems – how to ensure the safe and productive integration of the more than 700,000 individuals who annually leave prisons, along with the nearly 12 million individuals who circulate in and out of jails and detention centers. It goes a long way in revealing what is actually being done at the street level to better deal with mass incarceration, recidivism, and the collateral consequences of incarceration.
Table of Contents:
- A Leg Up, A Leg Down
- Gateways to Community Re-Entry Mazes
- Documentation: IDs, Rap Sheets, and Online Reputations
- Release and Re-Entry Programs
- Re-Entry Handbooks, Workbooks, Directories, Curricula, and Databases
240 pages. Softcover. Copyright © May 2016. Available on GSA schedule. $29.95. SPECIALS: 10 copies for $269.70; 100 copies for $2,396.00. Please see the Product Options box above to take advantage of these and other volume discounts when ordering.