Careers for Me II: Interest Assessment for Grades 3-7
This paper-and-pencil assessment encourages students to think about their interests to guide them towards careers.
This paper-and-pencil assessment encourages students to think about their interests to guide them towards careers. Students will:
Careers For Me II
- Learn more about themselves and their personal interests
- Gain an awareness of various new job titles
- Be exposed to the concept of school-to-work
- Have an understanding of how jobs can be grouped into clusters
- Be encouraged to research careers which fit their interests
is a 12-page consumable booklet which is very simple to use. A short introduction briefly reviews interests, self-knowledge, what is a cluster and explains the concept of school-to-work.
Then, students are asked to read (or the teacher can read to the students) a description of the six job clusters covered. The students circle activities or interests, which they enjoy, that are related to that cluster. The six covered clusters are:
- Environmental and Agriculture
- Human Services
- Arts and Communications
- Business and Management
- Industrial and Engineering Systems
A worksheet at the end of the booklet helps students choose career titles to explore further and guides them through the research process. Optional activities (word search, crossword puzzle) are also included.
Fun and interesting facts are scattered throughout the booklet to increase users' interest in the booklet. Comes shrink-wrapped in sets of 25. Purchase 1-3 sets at $38.75/set; 4-19 sets - $29.50/set; 20+ sets - $26.75/set.